7:41 p.m. ET
The South Korean military said North Korea launched a long-range ballistic rocket early Friday morning from a website near the capital of Pyongyang, with a Japanese government spokesperson stating it flew into the sea 1,242 miles east of the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido.The missile is believed to have reached an elevation of 478 miles and traveled about 2,300 miles, the military stated. On Thursday, a North Korean state agency called the Korea Asia-Pacific Peace Committee cautioned that the “four islands of the [Japanese] island chain must be sunken into the sea by [our] a-bomb,” and “Japan is no longer had to exist near us.” In action to this latest launch of a rocket over Japan, the 2nd in less than 3 weeks, South Korean President Moon Jae-in called an emergency situation conference of his national security council.
Catherine Garcia 4:09 p.m. ET
President Trump on Thursday assured certainly shivering Republicans that he “will ban” Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-Vt.) single-payer health-care bill. Sanders presented the legislation Wednesday with
programming president Casey Bloys< a href=https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/arts/television/game-of-thrones-multiple-endings-hbo-casey-bloys.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur target= _ blank > just recently confirmed that the manufacturers will shoot several endings to the show’s final episode, The New York Times reported.”You need to do that on a long program. Because when you’re shooting something, people know,” Bloys said.
“So they’re going to shoot numerous variations so that there’s no genuine definitive response up until completion. “Video game of Thrones isn’t the very first show to employ this method. The Times noted that The Sopranos and Breaking Bad both shot multiple endings, and The Strolling Dead and Dallas both shot more than one result to particularly high-stakes moments.Game of Thrones’ 8th and last season is set to premiere in late 2018 or 2019. Production begins next month. Becca Stanek 1:37 p.m. ET Brad Barket/Getty Images for Comedy Central Funny Central revealed Thursday that it has restored The Daily Program host Trevor Noah’s contract through 2022. Noah is simply a couple weeks away from his two-year anniversary as the host of Comedy Central’s flagship late-night program, which was previously helmed by Jon Stewart for 16 years. The South African comedian will stay the program’s anchor, as well as a writer and executive manufacturer, and he will also produce and host Funny Central’s annual year-end specials.Comedy Central President Kent Alterman applauded Noah for finding”his voice in the program,” which Alterman referred to as “incisive and amusing.””We have never ever had any lack of self-confidence in Trevor. Quite the opposite, we’ve never wavered in our belief in him, and now what we’re seeing
is that the remainder of the world has taken notification and revealed the very same self-confidence,”Alterman stated. Noah was equally enthusiastic.” It’s really interesting to renew this contract for either five more years or up until Kim Jong Un annihilates us all– whichever one comes first,” Noah statedin a declaration. Becca Stanek 12:58 p.m. ET< a href =http://theweek.com/speedreads/724666/multiple-soldiers-injured-explosion-fort-bragg > Logan Mock-Bunting/Getty Images
Multiple U.S. soldiers were hurt during a training workout Thursday, after a surge happened at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina. ABC’s local affiliate WTVD stated military authorities verified 15 soldiers were hurt in the occurrence, which the station reported took place”when a lorry rolled over on a remote part of the base.”
Army spokesperson Lt. Col. Rob Bockholt < a href =https://apnews.com/d6a510302bee49aa860e772fd9a20ce3?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP target=_ blank > informed The Associated Press that the hurt soldiers were required to Womack Army Medical Center for treatment, but did not confirm the number of soldiers injured, the extent of their injuries, or the cause of the explosion.Fort Bragg services more than 50,000 active responsibility workers. Kimberly Modifies This is a breaking newspaper article that will be updated as more details appear. 12:29 p.m. ET It all of a sudden seems like 2016 all over once again on Twitter.Last night,
took a jab at” Misaligned”Hillary Clinton for blaming “everybody(and every thing) however herself for her election loss “in her new book, What Took place: Crooked Hillary Clinton blames everybody(and every thing )but herself for her election loss. She lost the disputes and
lost her direction!Clinton reacted today with an offer to send out Trump a copy of another among her books: It Takes a Villag e, an image book recommended for children 4 to 8 years old. “If you didn’t like that book,” Clinton tweeted, describing What Took place, there are”some great lessons in here about working together to solve issues “– and substantially fewer words per page. Becca Stanek If you didn’t like that book, attempt this one– some great lessons in here about working together to resolve problems. Pleased to send a copy . pic.twitter.com/7dmVJ44mZu See More Speed Reads